Indian Navy Sports Quota Notification 2017
Indian Navy published an official notification for Recruitment of Sailors under Sports Quota Entry – 02/2017 BATCH. Eligible candidates can apply for this recruitment. You can view more details about this recruitment including No. of posts, name of post, Educational qualification, Age limit, Selection process, How to apply etc… You can also view official notification and other important facts about this recruitment e.g. Important links and Important dates.
Outstanding sportsmen who have participated at International / Junior or Senior National Championship / Senior State Championship/ All India Inter University Championship in Athletics, Aquatics, Basket-ball, Boxing, Cricket, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Squash, ,Best Physique, Fencing, Golf, Tennis, Kayaking & Canoeing, Rowing, Shooting, Sailing & Wind Surfing and Equestrian (Horse Polo).
- Name of posts: Sailors under Sports Quota
- Educational qualification:
- Direct Entry Petty Officer / Senior Secondary Recruitment (SSR): 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Matric Recruits (MR): 10th /equivalent qualified.
- Direct Entry Petty Officer:
- Team Games: Should have participated at International /National/State level at junior /senior level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
- Individual Events. Should have attained a minimum of 6th position in Nationals (seniors) or 3rd position in National (juniors) or 3rd position in the Inter University meets.
Senior Secondary Recruitment (SSR) / Matric Recruits (MR): Should have participated at International / National / State level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament. Age limit:
- Direct Entry Petty Officer: 17 to 22 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1995 to 31 Jul 2000 (Both dates inclusive)
- Senior Secondary Recruitment (SSR) / Matric Recruits (MR): 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1996 to 31 Jul 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
- Deserving candidates would be called to appear for trials at designated Naval Centers. The candidates qualifying trials will undergo medical examination at INS Hamla, Mumbai. The offer of enrolment will be forwarded to the selected candidates only, which will be strictly determined by requirement in particular sports disciplines and availability of vacancies. Request for change of venue of selection trials will not be entertained. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease/ disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception: CP II.
- No Cardio- vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. Infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, vericose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD (Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standards
- Eye Sight: 6/6, 6/9
- Correctable with glasses: 6/6 both eyes
- Eye Sight: 6/36, 6/36
- Correctable with glasses: 6/9 both eyes
- Eye Sight: 6/60, 6/60
- Correctable with glasses: 6/9, 6/24
Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can send their application on A4 size paper only as per the given format to below mentioned address along with necessary documents. Application will be received only through ORDINARY POST. The type of entry, sports discipline with achievements is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example: Ag.PO/SSR/MR/NMR 02/2017 KABBADI – NATIONAL LEVEL
Address: THE SECRETARY, INDIAN NAVY SPORTS CONTROL BOARD, 7th Floor, Chankya Bhavan, INTEGRATED HEADQUARTERS, MoD (NAVY), NEW DELHI 110 021
- Advertisement No.: 02/2017
- Last date for receipt of application: 19/07/2017
- Last date for registration of online application: 26/07/2017