Southern Railway, Railway Recruitment Cell – RRC published advertisement for recruitment of various vacancies of sports. For more details regarding education qualification, pay scale, how to apply, selection process, no of posts, last date for submission application and other details are available at given below link.
- No. of Posts: 20
- Name of Posts: Sports Person
- Athletics (Men): 02 Posts
- Athletics (Women): 02 Posts
- Ball Badminton (Men): 01 Post
- Basketball (Men): 01 Post
- Basketball (Women): 01 Post
- Body Building (Men): 01 Post
- Boxing (Men): 01 Post
- Cricket (Men): 01 Post
- Cycling (Men): 01 Post
- Hockey (Men): 01 Post
- Power Lifting (Men): 01 Post
- Swimming (Men): 01 Post
- Volleyball (Women): 02 Posts
- Volleyball (Men): 01 Post
- Water polo (Men): 01 Post
- Weight Lifting (Men): 01 Post
- Educational Qualification: Level 2 & 3: 12th (+2 stage) & Level 4 & 5: Graduate (see details in official advertisement)
- Age limit: 18 to 28 years
- Application Fee: Processing fee of Rs. 500/- (Other) & Rs. 250 (SC / ST / Ex. Servicemen, PWD, OBC / SEBC) is payable either in the form of Demand Draft (DD) / Indian Postal Order (IPO), drawn favour of ‘The Assistant Personnel Officer / Railway Recruitment Cell, Chennai’ payable at Chennai.
- Final selection will be based on Game Skill, Physical Fitness & Interview.
- The candidates, who apply in response to this notification and are found eligible for consideration for appointment against sports quota, will be assessed based on their performance during the trial and interview, as detailed below:
- For Game Skill, Physical Fitness and Coach’s observation during trials: 40 Marks
- For assessment of recognized sports achievements as per Norms: 50 Marks
- Educational Qualification: 05 Marks
- General Intelligence / Personality etc…: 05 Posts
- Total: 100 Marks
- Note: Candidates, who secured 25 marks or more in the trial only will be considered FIT for the next stage of recruitment i.e. Interview stage.
How to Apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can application in the prescribed format, complete in all respects along with all the enclosures should be sent to the following address, in a cover, dully superscribing. ‘APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGAINST SPORTS QUOTA (OPEN ADVERTISEMENT) FOR THE YEAR 2017-18’
Address: The Assistant Personnel Officer / Recruitment, Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway, 3rd FLoor, No.5, Dr. P.V. Cherian Cresent Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008.
- Employment Notice No.: 01/2017 Dt.18/11/2017
- Starting Date for Submission of Application: 18/11/2017
- Last date for Submission of Application: 18/12/2017 (till 05:00 PM)
- Last date for Submission of Application (Few fare area): 02/01/2018 (till 05:00 PM)