SSC JE Recruitment 2017
Staff Selection Commission – SSC published an open competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Junior Engineers Group-“B” (Non-Gazetted) posts, in Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-) of pay matrix of 7th CPC w.e.f. 5 th January 2018 to 08th January 2018. You can view official advertisement by following link.
- Name of Post: Jr. Engineer
- Discipline Posts: Civil, Mechanic, Electrical, Electrical and Mechanical
- Educational Qualification: various diploma / degree in engineering. (see details in official advertisement)
- Age limit: Various (see details in official advertisement)
- Application Fee: Mode of payment of fee payable Rs.100/-. Candidate may note that only online applications will be accepted at http://ssconline.nic.in. Fee paid in respect of online applications through SBI Challan / Net banking and any credit and debit cards will be accepted. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Physically handicapped and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee, as per rules / instructions of Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their total marks in the Paper – I & II and preference for the posts.
SSC Jr. Engg. Scheme of Examination 2017
- SSC JE 2017 Examination will take place in 2 stages. The examination will be organized based on the latest pattern decided by Staff Selection Commission. The paper first will be of 200 marks whereas paper second will carry 300 marks. Total 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Paper-I : (Computer Base Mode)
- Objective type – 50 Marks
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – 50 Marks
- General Awareness – 100 Marks
- Part –A : General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR
- Part-B : General Engineering (Electrical) OR
- Part-C : General Engineering (Mechanical)
- Paper-II : (Written Examination)
- Conventional Type – 300 Marks
- Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR
- Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR
- Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only the part as per option given in column 13 of the application form filled by the candidate. In other words, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which his/her answer sheet (Paper-II) will not be evaluated.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I. Paper-I will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions only. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper –I will be called for Paper-II (Conventional Type).
- Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone or any other electronic / electrical device other than those specifically permitted. Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone or any other electronic /electrical device not specifically permitted inside the Examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the Examination and candidature of such candidates will be cancelled forthwith. Such candidates are also liable for debarment upto a period of 3 years and/or criminal prosecution.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Commission will place the answer keys of Paper-I on its website after the examination. Objections and claims if any, received within the time limit specified while placing answer keys will be examined by the Commission with the help of experts, if necessary. Commission’s decision in this regard will be final.
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Date of Publication: 21/10/2017
- Last date for online application: 17/11/2017 (till 05:00 PM)
- Offline Challan Generation End Date – 17.11.2017 (upto 05:00 p.m)
- Payment Through SBI Challan: 20/11/2017 (upto 05:00 p.m)
- Date of Computer Based Written Exam: 05/01/2018 to 08/01/2018