Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Civil Services Examination.
- Preliminary Examination (Total 400 Marks – Objective Test)
- Paper 1: General Studies (200 Marks)
- Paper 2: Aptitude Test (200 Marks)
- Main Examination (Total 2075 Marks – Descriptive Test)
- Paper 1: Essay + English (300 Marks)
- Paper 2: General Studies Paper 1 (250 Marks)
- Paper 3: General Studies Paper 2 (250 Marks)
- Paper 4: General Studies Paper 3 (250 Marks)
- Paper 5: General Studies Paper 4 (250 Marks)
- Paper 6: Optional Subject Paper 1 (250 Marks)
- Paper 7: Optional Subject Paper 2 (250 Marks)
- Interview Test ((275 Marks)
Syllabus for UPSC Preliminary Examination
Paper 1 – General Studies Syllabus
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
Paper 2 – Aptitude Test Syllabus
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc…) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc… – Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.