NICL AO (Generalists) Job 2017
National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) (A Government of India Undertaking) published notification for recruitment for Administrative Officers (Generalists). View more information about recruitment for e.g. educational qualification, selection process, age limit, Monthly Stipend, no of posts, name of posts, how to apply, address details, important dates, important links all are as under.
- No. of posts: 205
- Name of posts: Administrative Officers (Generalists)
- Educational qualification: Candidate should possess certificate in proof of passing the qualifying examination (as on 20/04/2017). A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government with at least 60% marks in either of the degree examination (at least 55% for SC/ST) candidates.
- Qualification mentioned above should be from any of the recognized Indian Universities duly approved by the UGC or any of the recognized Indian Institutes duly approved by AICTE.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate of the necessary qualification as on 20.04.2017.
- The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/optional/additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%.
- Where CGPA/OGPA are awarded, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
Age limit: 21 to 30 years (as on 01/03/2017) [i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.03.1987 and not later than 01.03.1996 (both dates inclusive).] Application Fee: Rs. 600/- (Application fee including intimation charges) & Rs. 100/- (Intimation Charges Only). Payable on-line from 30/03/2017 to 20/04/2017 (both dates inclusive).
- Final selection will be based on written examination
NICL AO Exam pattern & Syllabus
- Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 60 minutes duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
- English Language: 30 Marks
- Reasoning Ability: 35 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: 35 Marks
- Total Marks: 100
- Total time: 60 Minutes
Note: Candidates have to qualify in each test by securing passing marks to be decided by the Company. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Company (approximately 15 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination. Phase – II : Main Examination:
- Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 30 Marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- Objective Test : The Objective Test of 2 hours duration consists of 5 sections for total 200 Marks
- Reasoning: 40 Marks
- English Language: 40 Marks
- General Awareness: 40 Marks
- Computer Knowledge: 40 Marks
- Quantitative aptitude: 40 Marks
- Total Marks: 200
- Total time: 120 Minutes
English Language (Essay, Precis and Comprehension) (Descriptive): 30 Marks (30 mins.) Descriptive Test: the Descriptive Test of 30 Minutes duration with 30 marks will be a Test of English Language (Essay, Precis and Comprehension). The descriptive test will be in English and will be conducted through on line mode. Note: Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score for each section of objective test separately for short listing for the Descriptive Test evaluation/Interview i.e. Descriptive answer script would be evaluated only in respect of those candidates who qualify the objective test. There will also be a separate cut-off marks for the Descriptive Test.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Online application start from: 30/03/2017
- Last date for online application: 20/04/2017
- Payment of Application fees: 30/03/2017 to 20/04/2017
- Date of online Examination – Phase I: 3rd / 4th June, 2017(TENTATIVE)
- Downloading of call letters for examination commences from: 10 days prior to the date of examination
- Date of online Examination – Phase II: 2nd July, 2017(TENTATIVE)